Starting this week, Rhea has figured out that she could do more than just reach out and hold onto her toes. She thinks it is so much more fun when she gets the aforementioned toe in her mouth and nibbles on it. I have to agree with her. It is so cute to watch her do that with so much ease. When she realizes that she is being watched she will let go of her toe and give a sly smile.
She has now started ‘Grunting’ to get our attention. The first couple of times we thought that she wasn’t feeling well (gas maybe?) but soon we figured that its her secret weapon to get us to drop whatever we were doing and give her all our attention. She esp. doesn’t like to sit on the bouncy seat during dinner time. She will continue her grunt fest until one of us gets her from there and seats her on our lap. Then she is very happy and will try and hold onto whatever she can get her hands on, like the placemats or the spoon if I’m helping myself to something. Maybe she’s trying to help me. I can only hope that she will be as excited about her ‘duty’ of clearing the table after dinner few years down the line. Yep, I already have it all planned out. Lets be optimistic for now that my plan will work.
The other big thing that has happened this week – the last 2 nights to be precise is that my little princess has started sleeping through the night! YIPEE! I had forgotten how wonderful it feels to have 7 hours of uninterrupted sleep and I think she likes it too. Hopefully the trend will continue and I can start my day well rested and refreshed. This sound cliché but even though I’m so relieved that she started sleeping through the night I feel a tug at my heart when I think that its a big step towards her out growing her baby phase. I guess I'm just trying to freeze this moment in time.
No comments:
Post a Comment