The festivities began with the kids Thanksgiving Pow Wow party at school on Tuesday. Thankfully both of us were able to make it. I went to Rhea's class and Aji went to Sean's first and then we did a class swap so that way we were part of both their parties.

Rhea's class made a pilgrim hat and a costume out of a t-shirt.


Sean has face painting in addition to the bead kits for making necklaces.

Aji had taken wednesday off so te kids stayed home and had a relaxing time.

Thursday and Friday were equally relaxing. Thursday I made Kappa and Fish vevichathu and Puttu w/Banana for breakfast. The kids had Puttu and we had Kappa. Rhea tried the kappa and seemed to like it. Thanksgiving dinner was at Anishchayans place. I made stuffing and Mac'N Cheese for the dinner. Sean and Rhea had a great time playing with their cousins and kids from chechi's extended family who were visiting. Sean was very excited to have turkey since they talked about Thanksgiving food at school. We came home around 11:30 and the kids were so tired they slept on the way home. Black Friday was again spent at home. I didnt have the courage to brave the crowds in the stores in the name of a good bargain. I would have lost my mind so I stayed at home and slowly started putting the christmas decorations. Saturday we decided to go to the movies. It would be Sean and Rhea's first English movie in the Theatre. We decided on the Disney movie 'Bolt'.

So after having lunch at Sean's favorite sandwich place - Potbelly's (he loves their italian sandwich and their big choc chip cookie). I also tried their root beer float - fisrt time ever I had a float not too bad but not a fave either. So after all the calorie load, we headed over to the multiplex. We chose to watch the 3D version of the movie. I was a little skepical if Rhea would find it difficult to wear the 3D glasses. I wish I had a camera with me. She just went with the flow and wanted to wear the glasses just like the 3 of us. She definitely has a 'la Jackie Kennedy' look with the big glasses covering up her entire tiny face :) She seemed quite interested the first half hour after which she kept herself busy with the pop corn, candy and would put her glasses on in between to watch snippets of the movie..it was almost like for her the show was the pop corn and the candy and the movie was just a passing distraction which really didnt warrant her complete attention..the candy and the pop corn on the other hand...well, they are like toddler crack anyways so no surprises :) Sean enjoyed the movie and I loved it too. I had zero expectations and was surprised at how much I laughed. Sunday again was low key so all in all a very relaxing Thanksgiving weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment