Spring is here...we had a good share of great weather the last couple of days. It almost felt like we skipped Spring and went straight to Summer. But today the thunderstorms were back reminding us that it is indeed spring. The cherry blossoms are in full bloom, so are the pear trees and such a treat to the eyes. Tulip and Daffodil blooms all around.
I had planted quite a few daffodils and tulips when we first moved here. Over the years many of the bulbs just didn't make it. I 'm now left with a handful of daffodils and tulips. the daffodils that we have are on the side of the house so we never get to really see and enjoy them. The other day we got the spring mulching done and so i was checking out the yard and saw them in bloom. I gave them another day in the garden and yesterday brought them inside for us to enjoy. They would start to dry in a day, hopefully they will last longer indoors.
I just love the cheer they bring and am reminded of William Wordsworth's beautiful poem about them...Here they are from our house to yours. Hope they bring a smile on your face and a spring to your step!

No comments:
Post a Comment